Hal freaks out when Malcolm gives him the details of a grisly mass murder that occurred in the house years ago. Lois gets stuck working on Halloween and catches a shoplifter as everyone else at Lucky Aide throws a wild party. Reese and Dewey lose track of Jamie as they flee from an old man named Mr. Sheldon, after egging his house, while Lois gets arrested for kidnapping when she picks up the wrong child. Meanwhile, Jamie returns to the house and eats too much candy in the shaft, and he accidentally scares Hal and Malcolm, which causes Malcolm to jump out of the window.
- Jane Kaczmerek as Lois
- Bryan Cranston as Hal
- Christopher Kennedy Masterson as Francis
- Justin Berfield as Reese
- Erik Per Sullivan as Dewey
- Frankie Muniz as Malcolm
- David Anthony Higgins as Craig Feldspar
- James and Lukas Rodriguez as Jamie
- Jack Axelrod as Mr. Sheldon
- Alex Weed as Karl
- Rob Elk as Devon
- Rose Abdoo as Margie
- Second Halloween special. (Halloween Approximately)
- It is revealed that the family's house was the scene of a murder. Lois knew about it, but Hal didn't know until this episode.
- This is the fourth and final time Lois gets arrested during the series.
- One could notice Malcolm is wearing Francis' military sweater.
- Reese's antagonism towards old people came back to haunt him when Mr. Sheldon chased after him and Dewey.
- Dewey (to Reese): Hey, you're right. The candy you steal off other kids really does taste better.
- Reese: I'm telling you, it's the fear.
- Lois: I cannot believe they called me into work. I requested Halloween off 8 months ago, and suddenly, Mary Beth becomes a Wiccan so she can take it as a religious holiday.
- Hal: There will be more Halloweens... barring some tragic event.
- Lois: But this is the good one, you know? There's such a tiny window where the kids are so sweet and adorable and you can dress them up however you want. Every year after that, Halloween's just another trip to the police station.
- Hal (whispering to Lois): You knew we were buying a death house and you didn't tell me?!
- Lois: I didn't tell you because I knew you'd have this reaction.
- Hal: Well, of course I'd have this reaction. I don't like murder. Maybe that's something you should know about me.
- Lois: Hal, it's always something with you. You passed on that one house because you thought the doorbell sounded gay. You can't have a perfect house.
- Hal: It would be nice to have a murderless one.
- Lois: Well, you should just drop it because there's nothing we can do about it. Death and mold are two things you can expect to find in any house and we are not moving!
- Hal: There's mold?!