Synopsis[edit | edit source]
While Lois is away, Hal is getting fed up with Malcolm's behavior so he kicks Malcolm out of the house. Malcolm decides to live in his girlfriend's attic. Meanwhile at the dude ranch, Francis deals with an irritating piano player.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jane Kaczmerek as Lois
- Bryan Cranston as Hal
- Christopher Kennedy Masterson as Francis
- Justin Berfield as Reese
- Erik Per Sullivan as Dewey
- Frankie Muniz as Malcolm
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
Recurring[edit | edit source]
Cameos[edit | edit source]
- Michael Wiles Shamus as Boyd
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- [Hal is having a nightmare with the boys having tied him up to a wooden stake.]
- Hal: Boys. Boys, come on. This is no way to treat your father.
- [Dewey is seen dressed up as a witch doctor with an African Mask over his face and wearing a loincloth, cackling in delight. Malcolm is seen pouring gasoline in a clockwise position on the wood and hay covering Hal's feet. He is wearing Hal's dress shirt, slacks and shoes]
- Malcolm: What kind of a father are You?! You're nothing but a joke and you're weak!!
- Hal: Oh, man. You're going to pay for that when your mother gets home.
- Reese:(appearing as an imp[half-man half-goat] and pouring gasoline counter clockwise) You still think mom's coming back, after the way you screwed things up. Dewey, what are you doing? I'm lighting Dad on fire.
- (Reese grabs the match box away from Dewey after he grabs one)
- Dewey: No way, I get to do it.
- Malcolm:(grabbing a match)We'll all do it.
- (The boys cackle in delight as they all simultaneously light the matches on fire and drop them on the wood. Hal screams as the nightmare ends with him being burned.)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Final appearance of Nicki.
- This episode is exactly halfway between The Pilot and the series finale, "Graduation."
- Hal posts missing person posters of Malcolm to a tree here on this fake road on the premises of the CBS Studio Center. This private location would later be reused several times over the course of MitM, next time in Stereo Store.
- Although Lois Wilkerson does not appear in this episode, Jane Kaczmarek is still credited in the episode's ending credits.
- Hal is always saying zero tolerance to his boys, but only at the beginning, especially because of Malcolm's attitude. This would proved to be true with Reese and Dewey having disobeyed Hal for not going to bed at their usual time.
- Hal mentions that the previous incident is why Lois has a hard time trusting him to be alone with the boys. This will be repeated in Ida Loses a Leg.
References[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.