Reese's first driving lesson takes a dangerous turn, while Francis haggles his way out of debt. Also, Craig lies to get Malcolm's help.
- Jane Kaczmerek as Lois
- Bryan Cranston as Hal
- Christopher Kennedy Masterson as Francis
- Justin Berfield as Reese
- Erik Per Sullivan as Dewey
- Frankie Muniz as Malcolm
- Jay Johnston as Ed
- Rheagan Wallace as Jackie
- Mel Rodriguez as Neil
- Don Tiffany as Gary
- Christopher Michael Moore as Elroy
- David Paul Needles as Bud
- Chris Gann as Jack (credited as Christian Gann)
- Frederick Dawson as Sgt. Rowdy
- Bernard, the hamster in the orange ball that Dewey set free in the episode Health Scare, is seen again, rolling past Reese while he is lying on the ground being arrested by the police. This is the second time the hamster was seen in the background. The first time was in Poker.
- This episode aired on the same day as the King of the Hill episode, "I'm with Cupid". Both episodes feature the song "In Too Deep" by Sum 41.
- The driving school training center was located at a parking lot near Ross Dress for less.
- Reese was rear-ended here.
- The police chase was shot on a short stretch of a highway-like road called Woodley Avenue that runs through the Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Reserve. The same stretch of road was also used in Evacuation.
- Jackie drives on the street which is under full cloud. When she pulls over, the street (and the car) is in full sunshine. One of multiple instances of the weather on shots inside the car being different than shots filmed outside the car.
- Reese drives on the freeway which is first in full sunshine then in full shade.
- Reese drives on the freeway which is first in full sunshine and the road is dry. When the cop car shows up, the road is wet.
- During the chase Reese drives into the obstacle course at the driving school with all windows closed. Then reaches out of an open window to pat a deer on the face.