Plot[edit | edit source]
Malcolm gets a crush on a girl, Alison, but has problems because he thinks too much. He enlists the help of Reese who shows him how to shut his brain off, but it has bad consequences. Stevie is staying at the house because his parents are out of town and Lois enjoys his company because he is such a good kid. Hal wins $1000 from a lottery ticket and rents a steam roller. But when he goes too far and destroys stuff with it Dewey must stop him and talk some sense into him before he ends up in jail for destruction of property. Meanwhile Otto gets tricked into buying cow sun block, and Francis must get the money back.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- First appearance of Alison.
- The phone booth Hal uses was placed here, in front the same shop that was previously used in Francis escapes and Traffic Jam.
- Stevie addressed Lois by her first name in this episode, as opposed to "Mrs. Wilkerson", because the show attempts to keep the last name of the family ambiguous.
- The song playing while Hal is at the liquor store while buying the lottery tickets is "Habiby Ya Nour El Ein" for the Egyptian super star "Amr Diab."
- Jesse Heiman appears in this episode.